Friday 29 August 2014

Birds of a Feather...

As mentioned in my previous post, I havent had much experience in creating looks, on other people's faces, but once again, I was given the opportunity to enhance yet another person. This beautiful model, is a friend of mine, who allowed me to use her as a blank canvas and have complete freedom.

As usual, with any makeup look, I have no idea what I am doing initially and just let my creative juices run freely. Am I the only one who fails miserably, when trying to recreate a look? The only time I am ever pleased, is when I go in without any intentions and produce as I go along.

With this specific look, I know that I wanted to play with some colour and generate something that wasn't necessarily an every day look. Before I knew it, I had created something that had reminded me of a peacock's feather. I used +Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Tenacious Teal as a base for the eyeshadow and then the i Divine in Original, Sleek eye shadow palette. This was the first eye shadow palette, that I had purchased from Sleek, a few years back. Although I'm a matte kinda girl, every now and then, I want a little bit of shimmer in my life, and this, definitely does the trick. The palette contains 12 shades of super-pigmented, long-lasting, mineral based shadows, designed to suit all shades and I thought that it was perfect for this look.

I decided to keep the lips natural, as there was so much going on with the eyes. I thought that it would be a bit of an overkill, but of course, each to their own. I had so much fun doing this, as my friend had perfect skin and such gorgeous full eyebrows. Who wouldn't want to make up this lovely face? Lol.

Face: MAC Studio Fix Foundation - NC40
          MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NC30
          Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Mineral Bronzer  - Ebony Bronze
Eyes: Maybelline's Colour Tattoo - Tenacious Teal
          i Divine in Original
          Inglot's Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel - 77
          Benefit's They're Real! Mascara
Lips:  Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - Nude Pink







No comments:

Post a Comment