Friday 29 August 2014

Shining Gold for me to Hold...

By no means, am I a professional make-up artist. But what I can proclaim, loud and clear, is my passion for all things beauty related. Make-up has always been a passion of mine. I've dabbled in numerous products and have created so many looks on myself but up until recently, had never 'enhanced' anyone else's face.

There were no particular reasons as to why, but when owner of JOYtheBrand, nail genius, Jackie, allowed me to create my magic, I jumped at the opportunity.

I wanted to create a glamourous but wearable look for the night time, and what better way to stand out than a sexy gold eye, paired with luscious red lips.

Whatever style you are going for, it is important to use good quality eye shadows, especially shimmery products. I used Half Baked from the Naked 2 palette by +Urban Decay on the mobile lid, which is what made this look. I find that Half Baked worked well with Jackie's eyes because it didn't have that orange undertone that I tend to see in other gold shadows. Yes, it does have a lot of fallout, but a tip would be, to spray a watery product on your brush before dipping it into the shadow, so that it adheres to the brush and creates much less fallout. It also gives the look texture by
making it look somewhat shiny and of a foil-like appearance.

I then finished off the look with a sexy red lip. Jackie's lips are nice and full so I wanted to accentuate them. To achieve this, I used a lipstick from +Miss Sporty in the shade 058 Malaga, which was applied very lightly, so that it didn't take away from the eyes.

Face: Sleek Be Beautiful Blemish Balm - Dark
          Benefit Bo-oing Concealer - 05
          Ben Nye Translucent Face Powder - Topaz
          MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish - Dark Deep
          TopShop Highlight - Sunbeam
          Mac Cosmetics Fix + Spray

Eyebrows: MAC Brow Pencil - Stud

Eyes: Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette
          Sleek i-Divine in Ultra Matte V2

Lips: Miss Sporty Lipstick - 058 Malaga




No comments:

Post a Comment