Sunday 10 November 2013

24 Hour Stylist Challenge














































































Recently I attended an event held by Stylist Magazine, which I read religiously every week, where I was amazed to find what the fashion world entailed. The magazine courageously opened the event free for the public in London where they set themselves the strenuous task of creating an issue within 24 hours. Crazy right?
As editors ferociously typed away on their computers, we had the chance to get our makeup done by the team who work for Charlotte Tilbury, and get this…speak to the legend herself.
As she gracefully walked over to my friend and I, I found myself star struck. Dressed in a fabulous leopard printed fur coat she greeted us with the warmest smile. As she towered over us in her sexy heels, I couldn't help but feel complete admiration. As a woman who loves makeup, meeting someone who gets to make up the stars was absolutely amazing. Speaking of stars, she told us that she had just finished doing Celine Dion’s makeup for her X Factor performance, then rushed over to the magazine event, er can I say wonder woman?
The makeup look I chose was called ‘the bombshell’ which was one of the many offered in her ‘Christmas Takeaway Gift Menu’. I felt amazing after with my glittery eyelids and glossy red lips. I must remind myself to go and look at her collection in Selfridges soon. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get my nails done at the Maybelline counter but from what I could see, the designs were incredible!

I also took the opportunity to have a discussion with Stylists fashion director, Alex Fullerton and she gave me some inside knowledge on the industry and how I can create my own magazine which I will be doing for my final year project at university. Getting advice such as this will really aid in my success as a fashion journalist, I believe. Here’s to beautiful beginnings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment